The job of a sustainability manager is challenging. You are tasked with making your company more sustainable, but you mustn’t lose sight of commercial realities. You also have to bear new laws and regulations in mind. Our white paper explains how to ensure your IT is sustainable and profitable. It provides:
“We aim to manufacture at least 50 percent of the products we make ourselves from renewable or recycled materials by 2025. Sustainability, and therefore safeguarding or improving the quality of life for future generations, is very important to us. carbonZER0® is the perfect fit for Storopack and is helping us to achieve our sustainability targets.”
Around 50 million tonnes of electronic waste is generated each year. We reduce electronic waste by systematically refurbishing and remarketing old equipment. In 2020, we gave 96 percent of lease returns a second lifecycle. Working with our certified recycling partners, we returned the remaining 4 percent to the material cycle as far as technically possible. By the way, we can remarket any IT you already have in your company. The proceeds can be used to bring down the costs of your first project.
Companies, processes, and products are considered carbon-neutral if their CO2 emissions are completely avoided or reduced and offset. As it is very difficult to avoid the CO2 emissions of IT devices, CHG-MERIDIAN supports international carbon offset projects through its carbonZER0® product. By offsetting your emissions, you can demonstrably reduce your company’s carbon footprint and make a tangible contribution to climate change mitigation.
Sustainable IT need not be expensive. The cost of making a smartphone carbon-neutral via carbonZER0® is just a few cents a month. Opting for a customized business concept based on the circular economy can also pay dividends. You avoid high initial investments, benefit from attractive residual values, and we take care of sustainable remarketing.
Sustainability managers are already obliged to provide a wide range of documentation and are accountable for corporate social responsibility along the supply chain. That is why CHG-MERIDIAN uses the EcoVadis platform to transparently document our commitment to sustainability. And our customers receive an official certificate when they offset the emissions of their IT equipment.
of devices can be refurbished for a sustainable second life.
The number of assets CHG-MERIDIAN refurbished in 2021.
We have been carbon-neutral since 2021.
“Companies have to prove that their business practices are sustainable in the long term and at all levels, and that they are making a positive contribution to society and the environment. Only then do companies obtain their social license to operate.”
Every year, just under a million assets, from printers to smartphones, are refurbished and remarketed at our technology centers or via our approved partners. Join us on a tour of our technology center in Gross-Gerau.
EXCERPT FROM OUR WHITEPAPER
“The remarketing of used IT technology extends the lifecycle and reduces electronic waste, saving valuable resources and reducing the amount of greenhouse gases and pollution from potentially toxic waste.
Leasing and rental models increase collection rates so that more assets can be refurbished and reused. In its action plan for the circular economy, the European Commission advocates using incentives more to encourage adoption of the ‘product-as-a-service’ model. By renting or leasing their IT, companies can be active in several areas defined by the circular economy.”